Saturday, March 15, 2008

St. Patty's Day

I know St. Patrick's Day isn't until Monday, however, I made a dinner in it's honor tonight. I made a Blarney Breakfast Bake, O'Larry's Skillet Potatoes and Irisha Soda Muffins. It was scrumptious!
Here are the freshly baked Irish Soda Muffins which will be my submission for breadmakingday.

This is the sauasage and onion cooking for the breakfast bake.

The Blarney Breakfast Bake...Yum!!!

The very pretty onion and red bell pepper for the skillet potatoes.

The meal:

All three recipes can be found at Taste of Home.
Irish Soda Muffins
6 muffins
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons beaten egg
1/3 cup raisins
In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the sour cream, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
Fill six greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Invite me. Invite me

artisbliss said...

I love your food posts, and I'd like to point out that you represent something that's not all that common anymore--a mom who actually cooks. I was very fortunate and blessed to grow up with a mother and two grandmothers who were all good cooks, so I was spoiled early on and when I got married I wanted to be able to provide my family with good food like I'd had. My mother in law is a very good cook, too (pies to die for), so my husband appreciates the effort that goes into good home cooking. You are giving your kids a wonderful legacy and sweet memories, even though it may seem like you're just cooking dinner. It all adds up to much more than that.

SaraLynn said...

That is so sweet. I may cry.
Thank you

Anonymous said...

That's a breakfast I could sink my teeth into. Thanks for submitting the delicious muffins to BreadBakingDay!