Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BRATS IN BEER

Dinner tonight was brats slow cooked in beer. Very tasty!
I use 12 oz of beer, 1 onion thinly sliced, 2 tablesppons of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar. Place one pound of brats in the slow cooker, top with onions and pour the sauce over all. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours. Serve on french or Italian rolls.
Here is the red wine vinegar, onion and beer...makes a yummy meal!

Brats in Beer....with Sweet and Sour Salad. the recipe for the salad is here.

7 comments:

Sass said...

Thought you'd done something terrible to your children for a moment. Never been so relieved to see a sausage! Ha ha.

Nadine said...

I've had this before. It's very yummy.

SaraLynn said...

LOL.......no i didn't boil the children in beer! hahahahaha

SaraLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Proud Italian Cook said...

I love brats and beer, we do it on the grill. Can't wait to fire up my grill soon!

Rachel said...

I love that meal too. Come and live here!!

Lis said...

We love brats in beer - but I've never made them in the crockpot before! Thanks for the fabulous idea and for participating. :)

xoxo