Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dinner For Four



Trying new recipes is something I love to do. I go to the store once a week and get everything at once. I keep a notebook for my lists, which are often prepared a month in advance, I just add things as needed. i find new recipes and jot down what I will need and even keep a "menu" at the bottom, notating where I found the recipe and what page, etc. I try to do something new at least once a week, sometimes up to 3 times a week. My husband loves this! My daughter will try anything once, which is amazing! My son, well, someday he will appreciate my homecooking,
( I have to believe this!), but for now he only wants PB&J sandwiches, no substitutions.
And bananas.

I love the magazine Taste of Home. I have a subscription to the magazine, but I love to scour the website as well!

The following is Rosemary Plum Pork Roast, which was easy and delicious. It gave off a wonderful scent while cooking. I paired it with cornbread dressing, sweetpotatoe casserole with marshmallows and threw in green beans.
Here is the website:
Here is the recipe for the pork roast....**It was juicy and very tender...Yum!!

Rosemary Plum Pork Roast
Taste of Home
Servings 6

16 pitted dried plums
1 cup boiling water
2 bunches fresh rosemary, divided
1 center-cut boneless pork loin roast (about 2 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided

Place plums in a bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 15 minutes; drain well. Mince enough rosemary to measure 1 tablespoon; stir into plums. Cut a slit along top of roast 2 in. deep, leaving 1 in. at each end uncut. Sprinkle inside of cut with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Fill with plum mixture. Cover top with overlapping rosemary sprigs. Tie roast at 1 in. intervals with kitchen string. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Place several rosemary sprigs in a shallow roasting pan. Top with roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

No comments: