Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's March ... Yea!!!

Spring is arriving!

Here is a light dish for you today:

Curried Chicken Salad
Serves 4-6 depending on size of serving
From the cookbook, “Cheap and Easy”

1lb skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/2 cup light or regular mayonnaise
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp each of pepper and salt
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, green and white parts

Place chicken in sauce pan, cover with just enough hot water to cover them. Simmer gently, covered, for 20-25 minutes, until no longer pink. Never let it come to a full boil. When chicken is done, set aside to cool. In medium size mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Cube the chicken and add to dressing. Add mayo until the salad has reached the consistency you like. Refrigerate and serve chilled.

I serve mine on croissants. There are several variations to this dish, you can add one or more of the following: 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts,
1/2 cup red seedless grapes, or even raisins.

Thank you for all the well wishes on Jaxson. I really appreciate your concern! He will be okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A salad? Don't we still new warm stews and soups? We're still buried in snow. I guess I'll just make the curry extra spicy to keep warm.
I love the Coffee pic of the day. I also love that your coffee pic is Canadian. Yay great white north. Yay coffee. Hmmm... I think I'll go pour myself another cup.