Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to School = Back to Blogland for me!

Hello All!!

I trust you all had a wonderful and exciting summer :)
We have traveled, played, been lazy, and just really enjoyed ourselves this summer!
I had a bit of "blogger's guilt", but I have to say I needed the break. Break's over and my daughter is off to 2nd grade. The little guy is still home with me. He really really wanted to go to school with her this year....sigh...just 2 years and that will be a reality.

I am taking a class myself. Just a night class to test the waters and get my feet wet. I hope to pick up more classes in the spring and summer.

Recipes!! I opened my email (I have not even checked my email since July) and had several requests for recipes

Hmmmm For my first day back I will leave you with this:

Angel Hair with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil (Capelli d`Angelo con Pomodorini e Basilico) www.barillaus.com
Ease of preparation: average
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4-6
Regions: Liguria
Wine pairing: Red

1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves peeled Garlic
1 teaspoon Red pepper
2 pints cut in halves Cherry tomatoes
5 leaves Basil
to taste Salt
1 package Angel Hair
1/2 cup Pecorino dolce

HEAT olive oil in skillet. Peel and gently press garlic. Add garlic and pepper. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and tear basil into small pieces. Add cherry tomatoes and basil. Simmer for five minutes. Season with salt. Discard garlic cloves.
COOK pasta according to the directions. Drain and toss with sauce. Garnish with freshly grated pecorino

YUMMY!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back Saralynn!

artisbliss said...

Very glad to have you back!

Sass said...

I was so happy to see your comment. Great to see you back. What course are you taking?

SaraLynn said...

Thanks everyone!

Sass,
I am taking Humanities I....and I am enjoying the heck out of it!