Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Spring?

Did I say something about Spring? Well, the weather is having fun with us! Such a tease. Yesterday was so cold I made an Italian Sausage Chili and cornbread. It was delicious and the simmering pot kept the kitchen nice and toasty.
My neighbor asked me to pick up her mail this week. I guess she is expecting something important and doesn't want it left out until she gets home at dinner. She is a working mother, a new mom, the baby is just a year old. And I don't think she cooks much and I know she doesn't bake. Once I took over a batch of chocolate chip cookies, and her husband devoured them. She went on and on about how good they were. Of course, this only fed my ego, no pun intended. At the holidays I take over pumpkin bread that is an old family recipe and homemade candies.
So, of course when she asked me to do this, I immediately began to contemplate what I could deliver with the mail. I chose coffee cake. The recipe I use makes 2 cakes, I figured one for them and one for us. She was delighted! She said she couldn't wait for tomorrow.
I am now thumbing through recipes for what I may make today. hahaha
Then horror of horrors I realize I am almost out of sugar and brown sugar. There are no choclate chips to be found! What can I make???

No comments: